DRMA 252 Advanced Acting Classical Scene Study • 5 Cr.
Examines scenes from Classical theater. Students rehearse and perform selected scenes in class. Prerequisite: DRMA 251 with a C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform a variety of warms ups for rehearsal and performance.
- Maintain concentration while acting onstage.
- Identify a character's objective and obstacle in a play and scene.
- Engage an acting partner with focus.
- Confront personal physical and vocal habits with honesty.
- Present classic scenes.
- Spring 2019 (current quarter)