DRMA 280 Studio Theater I • 5 Cr.
All students are cast in the studio theater production. Students analyze, prepare, rehearse and perform a play. Provides practical experience in rehearsal and performance. Lecture/lab format. May be repeated for a maximum of 30 credits. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze a specific play or musical.
- Explain the relationship between the written word of the drama and the finished production of a play.
- Perform a variety of warm up and rehearsal exercises.
- Create a character and execute a successful rehearsal process.
- Perform a role a number of times before an audience.
- Work positively with a director, designers and other actors to responsibly and collaboratively create a unified production.
- Winter 2020 (current quarter)