DUTEC 145 General Ultrasound Lab II • 4 Cr.
Introduces hands-on live scanning experience in the student's clinical specialty area. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Compare and contrast ultrasound system application set-ups.
- Set up an ultrasound machine appropriately for a specific exam and patient type.
- Compare and contrast the various transducer types for appropriate exam use.
- Demonstrate various scanning planes and manipulation techniques for using different transducers while performing live abdominal, pelvic and small parts scanning.
- Identify normal abdominal, pelvic, small parts, OB and cardiac anatomy while observing or performing live scanning.
- Spring 2020 (current quarter)