DUTEC 150 Basic Echocardiography • 4 Cr.
Covers basic ultrasound scanning techniques of the heart. Students focus on anatomy, physiology, pathology, and echocardiographic pattern recognition. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program or permission of program chair. Fee: $13.50 lab.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand normal cardiac anatomy, conduction and physiology.
- Understand basic cardiac embryology.
- Understand normal 12-lead ECG findings and acquisition.
- Become familiar with other diagnostic methods (Cath Lab, Nuc. Med, C.T., X-ray..).
- Understand basic modalities of transthoracic echocardiography (2D, M-mode, PW, CW, Color flow).
- Understand and measure standard normal echo findings.
- Winter 2020 (current quarter)