DUTEC 170 Ultrasound Physics & Instrumentation I • 3 Cr.
Covers acoustical physics, including heat energy, light and sound, wave theory, reflection, refraction, resonance, tissue interaction, transducers, bioeffects, and computers in ultrasonics. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the physical nature of sound and its interaction with tissue.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of transducers and how they are used in the clinical setting.
- Identify imaging artifacts.
- Describe what is meant by biological effects and know the safe operation of ultrsound equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of different types of ultrsound equpment and its medical use and application.
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)