DUTEC 180 Advanced Studies Obstetrics • 3 Cr.
Examines issues relating to the clinical practicum in abdominal and obstetrics/gynecology. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the standard ultrasound imaging protocol for the high risk obstetrical scan.
- Identify, using ultrasound images, the normal and most common abnormal sonographic features of an obstetrical ultrasound.
- Describe and correlate etiology, clinical signs and symptoms, other diagnostic tests and sequelae of disease for an obstetrical ultrasound.
- Identify and describe common imaging pitfalls and artifacts for the high risk obstetrical scan.
- Summer 2020 (current quarter)