ECED& 100 Child Care Basics • 3 Cr.
This course is designed to meet licensing requirements for early learning lead teachers and family home child care providers, STARS 30 hour basics course recognized in the MERIT system. Topics: child growth/development, cultural responsiveness, community resources, guidance, health/safety/nutrition and professional practices.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify ways to create partnerships and provide resources for all families.
- Examine and describe the developmental characteristics and behaviors of infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and young children.
- Plan for learning through play and active involvement for children in care programs.
- Implement techniques for keeping children healthy and safe in the childcare/home care setting and identifying incidences of child abuse and neglect.
- Describe techniques for meeting the nutritional and physical needs of all children.
- Identify appropriate guidance techniques.