ECED& 120 Practicum-Nurturing Relationships • 2 Cr.
In an early learning setting, engage in establishing nurturing, supportive relationships with all children and professional peers. Focus on children's health & safety, promoting growth & development, and creating a culturally responsive environment. Format includes laboratory participation. Prerequisites: Permission of instructor with proof of negative TB test (within one year), WA state approved MMR clearance, and valid National Background Check.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of nurturing relationships built between teachers and children.
- Practice ideals of professionalism in work with children, families and peers.
- Recognize cultural responsiveness when observing professionals and programs.
- Identify practices that promote health, safety, growth and development of children.
- Fall 2020 (current quarter)