ECED& 132 Infants/Toddlers Care • 3 Cr.
Examine the unique developmental needs of infants and toddlers. Study the role of the caregiver, relationships with families, developmentally appropriate practices, nurturing environments for infants and toddlers, and culturally retentive care.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss developmental milestones from birth to 36 months articulating the influences of individual development, temperament and cultural norms in the context of important, ongoing relationships.
- Design a plan to support reciprocal, culturally sensitive partnerships with families.
- Select positive guidance techniques that are appropriate and effective with infants and toddlers.
- Critique infant and toddler early learning environments, articulating environmental influences on the learning processes of infants and toddlers during authentic play activities.
- Describe a plan for developmentally appropriate, culturally relevant curriculum that supports language, physical, cognitive, creative, social, and emotional development.
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)