ECED& 139 Administration of ECE • 3 Cr.
Develop administrative skills required to develop, operate, manage and improve early childhood education and care programs. Acquire basic business management skills. Explore resources and supports for meeting Washington State licensing and professional National Association for Education Young Children (NAEYC) standards. Recommended: ECED& 105.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Crosswalk program policies and practices with licensing and professional standards.
- Create a plan for appropriate staff, food, equipment, materials, and programming for specific age groups and settings.
- Prepare a balanced budget.
- Identify methods for recruiting, hiring, evaluating, supervising, and supporting culturally and linguistically reflective staff.
- Describe a variety of strategies for building relationships with all families and staff.
- Review tools used to evaluate program effectiveness and identify areas for improvements.
- Apply the NAEYC Code of Ethics in resolving an administrative dilemma (case study).