ECED& 190 Observation and Assessment • 3 Cr.
Collect and record observation of and assessment data on young children in order to plan for and support the child, the family, the group and the community. Practice reflection techniques, summarizing conclusions and communicating findings.
Description starting Summer 2019
Collect and record observation and assessment data in order to plan for and support the child, the family, the group, and the community. Practice reflection techniques, summarizing conclusions, and communicating findings.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe reasons for collecting observation and assessment data.
- Identify indicators of growth, development, learning and social behaviors in all children.
- Identify techniques for avoiding bias, judgments, and assumptions in observations.
- Collect factual, descriptive data using a variety of assessment tools and strategies.
- Document and analyze assessment data for use in planning curriculum for individual and groups of children.
- Explain professional ethics in collecting and communicating data.