ELIUP 033 Reading I • 5 Cr.
Students learn to scan, locate specific information, improve comprehension, make connections between sounds and letters, build vocabulary, and use a dictionary. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use skimming and scanning.
- Explain the meaning of a short reading.
- Find specific details and main ideas.
- Explain feelings about a reading.
- Make smart guesses based on given information.
- Make connections between sounds and letters.
- Spell words correctly.
- Use a dictionary to find words.
- Create and use a basic list of vocabulary words.