ELIUP 044 Speaking & Listening II • 5 Cr.
Continuation of work begun in Level 1. Students improve their ability to express themselves in formal and informal situations. There is a balance between speaking and listening during class. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Ask and answer simple questions, and add details.
- Use Level 2 grammar and vocabulary in daily life.
- Fix a misunderstanding in different ways.
- Hear and say correct vowel and consonant sounds, especially final –s and –ed.
- Hear and say correct intonation in statements and questions Understand a speaker's main idea and details.
- Write simple notes from a very short lecture.