ELIUP 054 Speaking & Listening III • 5 Cr.
Students are introduced to oral presentation and begin acquiring and using analysis, organizational, and synthesis skills. Increasingly difficult oral proficiency skills are taught and practiced, including pronunciation. Students take notes, demonstrate eye contact and summarize orally. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Begin and continue conversations in small and large groups with good listening signals.
- Use Level 3 grammar and vocabulary to ask and talk about likes, opinions, and the news.
- Write a plan for and give a presentation.
- Hear and say correct sounds, rhythm, stress, and intonation.
- Write simple notes from a short lecture.