ELIUP 063 Read and React IV • 5 Cr.
Emphasizes reading, related discussion, and critical thinking. Lengthy pieces of fiction and non-fiction are read, interpreted, evaluated and discussed. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Read and analyze fiction and non-fiction readings.
- Clearly express and support an opinion related to a reading.
- Synthesize information to create new ideas and opinions.
- Respond to questions about readings in discussions.
- Recognize personal values and acknowledge perspectives of others.
- Summarize readings.
- Find specific materials in the library and on-line.