ELIUP 064 Speaking & Listening IV • 5 Cr.
Students develop their skills using lectures, presentations, and assigned readings. Oral presentation practice and development are featured. Listening skills include identifying mood and tone, anticipation of topics etc. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use Level 4 grammar and vocabulary to discuss varied topics
- Write a clear plan for and give a presentation with main ideas and good illustrations
- Show awareness of your listener's knowledge
- Begin and continue formal and informal conversations with good listening signals
- Write organized notes with main ideas and key details, from a short academic lecture