ELIUP 072 Reading V • 5 Cr.
Course emphasizes academic reading skills. Assigned reading includes a variety of lengths, styles, and levels of difficulty. Course is linked with ELIUP 071. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Increase reading speed and comprehension.
- Identify the main idea of a reading.
- Analyze the organization of a reading.
- Analyze the writer's point of view in a reading.
- Think critically about readings and respond in discussion and writing.
- Take complete and accurate notes from readings and discussions.