ENGL 220 World Literature II • 5 Cr.
Explores additional major themes and ideas found in the literature of specific culture, region or ethnic group. Selected literature promotes historical, cultural and philosophical understanding of the material on its own terms and in relation to a larger body of literature. Prerequisite: ENGL 219. ENGL& 101 and any 100 level literature course recommended.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of a selected region, culture or ethnic group's history, philosophy, and culture as reflected in the literature.
- Demonstrate an awareness of varying points of view within this culture, including women and other minority voices whenever possible
- Identify major themes and ideas
- Recognize how style relates to content in various writers' works
- Apply the analytical process to literary works
- Apply writing skills to analyzing literature