ENGL 272 Expository Writing II • 5 Cr.
Continues ENGL 271, developing more advanced writing skills. Fulfills a written communication course requirement at BC. Prerequisite: ENGL 271 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify implicitly and/or explicitly one's intentions as a writer.
- Define implicitly and/or explicitly the audience for a particular piece of writing.
- Apply appropriate style, tone and format to the writer's purpose and audience.
- Use rhetorical formats conventional to expository writing.
- Demonstrate objectivity toward one's own writing.
- Demonstrate practical uses/applications for expository writing beyond the college classroom.