ENGR& 204 Electrical Circuits • 4 Cr.
Introduces fundamental concepts of electrical science. Topics include resistors, sources, capacitors, inductors, and operational amplifiers as individual components and as circuit systems. Also covers simultaneous algebraic equations and differential equations in solution methods. Prerequisite: MATH 238 and PHYS 122.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the relationship of atomic components (proton - electron - neutron) with respect to the definitions of: voltage and current.
- Model resistive circuits and systems (Node and Mesh) using: Ohms's Law, Kirchoff's Law and Thevenin/Norton equivalents.
- Analyze and classify operational amplifier circuits.
- Analyze and classify the response of resistor, capacitor and/or inductor circuits.
- Spring 2020 (current quarter)