EXPRL 490 Internship Experience • V1-5 Cr.
Students document and reflect upon their internship experience to connect their learning to a real-world environment. Students will be advised by a faculty member and coached by an internship coordinator. Students must secure an approved internship before registering. Prerequisites: Students admitted to baccalaureate programs and with permission of instructors.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Evaluate, integrate and apply skills, concepts and knowledge acquired in the previous classes to real workplace situations and problems.
- Meaningfully synthesize connections between their internship work and their classroom studies in order to deepen their understanding of their program of study
- Demonstrate technical competence to industry professionals by completing projects and deliverables assigned by their worksite supervisor.
- Identify and analyze strengths, new skills and knowledge acquired from the internship experience, interactions with colleagues and supervisors, and lessons learned in a reflective journal.
- Document internship accomplishments and activities and articulate the value of those activities and accomplishments.
- Create a strengths-based LinkedIn profile and resume in preparation for full-time employment after graduation.
- Select a career goal and articulate how their BC education has prepared them for that goal and how they plan to continue their learning after graduation.
- Winter 2021 (current quarter)