HCI 375 Healthcare Informatics Project Management • 5 Cr.
Examines project management theory and practice with emphasis on project management in healthcare IT settings. Students will evaluate tools used to develop and manage healthcare IT projects and select appropriate tools for developing a project based on a case study. Prerequisites: HCI 310 and HCI 315 with a grade of C or higher, or permission of instructor. Previously HCTM 375.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of project managers in healthcare informatics
- Describe the key complexities in healthcare that make application of traditional project management techniques difficult
- Compare and contrast different project management methodologies used in healthcare
- Evaluate examples of successful and unsuccessful healthcare informatics projects and identify key problem areas
- Develop a healthcare informatics project plan following appropriate steps
- Spring 2019 (current quarter)