HCI 450 Healthcare Analytics and Quality • 5 Cr.
Explores the scope and role of data and data analytics in healthcare. Covers data management concepts including data governance, validation, storage and retrieval. Covers healthcare database design and creation. Introduces basic analytic techniques used to generate findings for interpretation and techniques used to meet end user needs for visualizing and interpreting results. Prerequisites: HCI 302 and MATH 130 (or equivalent), or permission of instructor. Previously HCTM 450.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Examine the different ways that healthcare data is used to support quality improvement and healthcare delivery
- Select the appropriate data model to support analysis of administrative or clinical data
- Given a healthcare-related scenario, design and create a database that includes appropriate safeguards for protected health information
- Analyze healthcare data using appropriate testing methods to generate useful findings
- Interpret findings and formulate recommendations
- Create presentations and reports that allow end users to visualize results