HCI 456 Healthcare Data Visualization • 5 Cr.
Presents students with best practices for healthcare data management with a focus on visualization of healthcare data analysis. Students will utilize best practices in data governance to ensure that data quality is maintained throughout the analytics process. Strategies for extracting data from disparate databases will be covered along with data transformation and loading into formats suitable for analysis. Prerequisites: HCI 302, HCI 450 and MATH 130 (or equivalent), or permission of instructor. Previously HCTM 456.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the processes used to extract data from disparate databases, transform data into formats for analysis, and load transformed data for analysis.
- Examine the role of different stakeholders in the formation of a data warehouse
- Evaluate design theories as related to healthcare data visualization
- Examine mechanisms for determination of audience needs for data visualization
- Apply appropriate tools in creating visual displays of analysis of healthcare data
- Utilize appropriate analytic techniques based on user needs
- Spring 2020 (current quarter)