HCI 485 Healthcare Informatics Capstone • 5 Cr.
Class title change starting Summer 2021
Healthcare Informatics Capstone • 4 Cr.
This course provides students the opportunity to demonstrate mastery of program curriculum through development of a research question, completion of a literature review, and successful submission of a scholarly paper. Previously HCTM 485. Prerequisite: HCI 465 and permission of instructor.
Description starting Summer 2021
This course provides students the opportunity to demonstrate mastery of the program curriculum through the application of informatics analytical and statistical approaches to an organizational healthcare topic. Prerequisite: HCI 465 and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate factual and conceptual knowledge acquired from HCI required courses through focused research and submission of scholarly paper
- Summarize research topic through inclusion of abstract, annotated bibliography, and summary of scholarly paper in professional portfolio
- Develop and implement a writing plan using appropriate methods and tools
- Research information using a range of resources, including peer-reviewed literature and other valid and reliable sources
- Critique current events in healthcare informatics/healthcare IT through bi-weekly discussion forums
- Participate in constructive peer-review of classmates' writing