HCI 485 Healthcare Informatics Capstone • 5 Cr.
This course provides students the opportunity to demonstrate mastery of program curriculum through development of a research question, completion of a literature review, and successful submission of a scholarly paper. Previously HCTM 485. Prerequisite: HCI 465 and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate factual and conceptual knowledge acquired from HCI required courses through focused research and submission of scholarly paper
- Summarize research topic through inclusion of abstract, annotated bibliography, and summary of scholarly paper in professional portfolio
- Develop and implement a writing plan using appropriate methods and tools
- Research information using a range of resources, including peer-reviewed literature and other valid and reliable sources
- Critique current events in healthcare informatics/healthcare IT through bi-weekly discussion forums
- Participate in constructive peer-review of classmates' writing