HCML 380 Revenue Cycle in Healthcare • 5 Cr.
Students will review the people, processes, and technology used during each phase of the reimbursement cycle. Students will use research tools to evaluate best practices in revenue cycle management to make effective management decisions. Prerequisite: HCML 301 with a C or better and admission to the program, or permission of Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Explain each step of the revenue cycle from pre-service through post service
- Evaluate medical coding, billing terminology, documentation and the integration through billing technology.
- Analyze the scope and challenges of healthcare revenue cycle management with a typical business revenue cycle model.
- Research and interpret benchmarking in revenue cycle management.
- Evaluate documentation and billing technology.