HCML 420 Managerial Perspectives in Global Health • 5 Cr.
This course is designed to provide an understanding of global health concerns from a socioeconomic, biological, and environmental perspective. Global health topics will cover infectious diseases, nutrition, maternal health, non-communicable diseases, mental health, and injuries. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program or permission of Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Distinguish the theoretical framework for establishing global health metrics
- Evaluate research methodologies that provide the basis for evidence-based policy and practice
- Critically analyze the socioeconomic, biological, and environmental concerns related to global health
- Prioritize the global health issues across the lifespan with a socioeconomic, biological, and environmental lens
- Analyze key global health issues and major initiatives around the globe
- Research articles and reports to define the most up-to-date material for the dynamic field of global health