HCML 466 Field Studies Orientation • 1 Cr.
This course prepares students for the HCML Field Studies course (HCML 476). Students will prepare professional goals and objectives as well as a mission, vision and career strategic plan in order to ensure that work done in Field Studies supports individual career goals. Prerequisite: Acceptance into HCML program and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Develop professional and educational goals
- Create individual mission, vision and strategic plan to support employment/educational goals following completion of program requirements
- Identify desired healthcare roles and work settings
- Secure a site for the clinical practicum/field studies
- Complete site specific documentation and orientation