HCML 476 Field Studies • 4 Cr.
This course provides students with the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the healthcare environment through industry internship or practicum. Only one of these courses may be taken for credit: HCTM 475 or HCML 476. Prerequisite: Acceptance into HCML or RAIS programs and HCML 466 with a C (2.0) or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate professional behavior in a healthcare management work setting
- Describe components of ethical practice in a healthcare work environment
- Document activities and experiences in healthcare management work setting
- Present proposed individual career pathway
- Apply concepts learned throughout courses taken to real world workplace situations
- Engage in professional activities as directed by field studies site and/or professional mentor
- Defend decisions related to content and format of professional portfolio