HD 120 Learning Strategies for Student Success • V1-5 Cr.
Develops skills that support successful college work. Students practice effective study techniques and learning strategies, and explore resources available on campus. Recommended: placement in ENGL 089 or above.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe and implement specific ways to create a successful and satisfying experience in college that are congruent with you your cultural background, learning styles and unique life circumstances
- Examine personal ideas and decisions regarding issues typically faced by college students that inhibit or promote college success.
- Apply specific strategies to:
- Communicate more effectively
- Manage time more efficiently
- Read textbooks with improved retention
- Take effective notes
- Improve on test-preparation and test-taking
- Improve ability to recall information
- Prioritize and set goals
- Overcome procrastination
- Fall 2020 (current quarter)