HD 125 Motivation and Empowerment • V1-3 Cr.
Students identify and analyze unique sources of motivation to improve attainment of goals in academic and personal realms of life. Students critically examine their strengths, values, and goals. Students develop tools for taking personal responsibility, and accessing intrinsic sources of motivation to reach their highest potential in school and life.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and examine four strengths using the dependable strengths articulation process.
- Describe how dependable strengths apply to student's academic goals and personal relationships.
- Define resiliency and then apply the definition of "resiliency" to student's own lived experiences.
- Increase self-awareness by identifying a belief and/or behavior that hinders people from meeting their goal(s) and develop a plan of action to change this behavior.
- Define the terms Victims and Creators and critically evaluate the language and actions that reflect both of these mentalities."
- Explain what "taking personal responsibility" means, and apply this concept to academic and/or personal challenges.