HLTH 224 Wellness Coaching • 2 Cr.
Provides an overview of effective wellness coaching techniques that promote long-term healthy lifestyle choices for both individual clients and groups.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify ethical and professional standards of the International Coaching Federation.
- Describe differences between coaching, consulting, psychotherapy and other support professions.
- Define and apply practices of a wellness coach, coaching process and client/coach relationship.
- Demonstrate the need for ethics, personal integrity, honesty and sincerity in the coaching realm.
- Evaluate, summarize and paraphrase client-based information in a wellness plan
- Articulate nutritional scope of practice for wellness coach professionals
- Prepare risk management plan for wellness coaching.
- Winter 2021 (current quarter)