HLTH 230 Occupational Wellness • 5 Cr.
Provides an overview of wellness concepts and effective chronic disease prevention practices.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the seven components of wellness
- Differentiate between controllable health factors and others beyond the sphere of influence
- Develop a life-long personal wellness plan
- Identify and access reliable health resources in the community
- Identify common chronic disease causes in the US and healthy lifestyle practices
- Develop a physical fitness exercise plan
- Identify nutritional deficiencies and excesses in the US diet