HPM 330 Leadership in Outdoor Pursuits • 4 Cr.
Exposes students to team-building processes, adventure planning and risk assessment. Topics include conflict resolution, team formation, group dynamics, leadership, risk management and decision making. Prerequisite: Admission to the Health Promotion and Management program, or permission of the Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe theories of team formation
- Develop personal leadership inventory in the context of group dynamics
- Develop adventure activity plans using a detailed planning rubric
- Identify perceived and actual risks associated with select outdoor activities
- Develop a risk management plan specific to outdoor pursuits and locations
- Evaluate leadership skills developed in the context of outdoor activities.
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)