HPM 415 Community Health • 5 Cr.
An overview of community health programs and the organizational structures of governmental and non-governmental health agencies. Examines various health services to address cultural, economic and environmental issues related to health care delivery and health disparity. Prerequisite: Admission to the Health Promotion and Management program, or permission of the Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify community health organizations and up-to-date community-based health resources
- Evaluate various community health issues and health disparity related to behavioral, social, cultural and environmental influences
- Identify and describe strategies to build community engagement and organization building for health promotion
- Develop a needs assessment for a cultural group including relevant community resources, cultural impact, and sustainability to meet the identified needs
- Fall 2020 (current quarter)