HPM 430 Lifestyle Chronic Disease and Environment • 6 Cr.
Explores the relationship between chronic diseases/conditions, lifestyle behaviors, and the environment. Includes an examination of a wide variety of chronic conditions and focuses on prevention and management strategies. Prerequisite: Admission to the Health Promotion and Management program, or permission of the Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Explain the role of inflammation, stress, and epigenetics in the development of chronic diseases
- Illustrate the impacts of a healthy lifestyle on the prevention or management of chronic conditions
- Explain etiology prevalence, and medications utilized in the treatment of chronic conditions
- Identify causes, risks, treatment, and effective prevention of current chronic disease processes
- Winter 2020 (current quarter)