HPM 440 Safety and Workplace Ergonomics for Wellness • 4 Cr.
Provides training and certification for CPR, First Aid and HIV/AIDS as it applies to worksite wellness and safety. Explores HIPAA regulations, workplace violence and occupational ergonomics. Prerequisite: Admission to the Health Promotion and Management program, or permission of the Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to oversee safety compliance in the workplace through the American Heart Association, CPR/AED and First Aid training and certification.
- Identify bloodborne pathogens and develop a workplace plan to prevent disease transmission for HIV/AIDS.
- Create workplace guidelines for the protection of personal health information.
- Demonstrate ability to employ workplace violence prevention training.
- Develop a plan for ergonomic assessment and injury prevention in the workplace.
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)