HPM 460 Community Health Service-Learning • 1 Cr.
Explores the integral role community health volunteers play in the community through a combination of classroom instruction and service-learning engagement. Includes 33-hours of community health volunteer service during the term employing skills and knowledge attained through the program. Prerequisite: Admission to the Health Promotion and Management program, or permission of the Program Chair. Grading: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
• Identify effective volunteer practices within a healthcare setting
• Assess communication and support needs to maintain a quality volunteer staff
• Apply health promotion, collaborative and leadership skills in a community health setting
• Describe organization needs, challenges, and resources
- Winter 2020 (current quarter)