HPM 470 Technological Applications in Health Promotions • 4 Cr.
An overview of various emerging forms of technology used in health promotion programs. Interactive tools and media to support individuals in proactive health are explored. The course provides students with knowledge and resources to examine current and trending technology that includes (but not limited to) online challenges and assessments, mobile applications, digital health coaching programs, web portals, social networking, portable trackers and access to electronic medical records. Prerequisite: Admission to the Health Promotion and Management program, or permission of the Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss the advantages and limitations of various forms of technology used in health promotion programs
- Analyze interface between healthy decisions, use of technology, and optimal health
- Apply research and evidence-based information to identify appropriate technologies for diverse populations and abilities
- Identify established steps for using technology to improve employee engagement.
- Construct and deliver a health promotion project using one of the emerging forms of technology