HPM 475 Capstone • 5 Cr.
The capstone project course is the culmination of the Health Promotion and Management Program. Students complete a comprehensive project drawn from case studies involving both management and wellness components. Prerequisite: Admission to the Health Promotion and Management program, or permission of the Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Integrate skills and knowledge acquired from different courses and experiences
- Develop and implement a project plan following appropriate methods and tools
- Interpret research-based information using a range of resources, including literature and periodicals, expert interviews, and existing case studies.
- Assess the validity and relevance of information, and analyze in the context of project goals and outcomes
- Evaluate, develop and apply effective methods to manage project milestones and timelines
- Develop an effective report and presentation commensurate with the scope and complexity of the project
- Evaluate the relationships between management, operational and promotion issues in healthcare organizations