HSC 056 Math 6 • V1-10 Cr.
Emphasizes development of strategies to effectively solve mathematical problems for high school completion, and college and career readiness. Students meet class objectives through the use of intermediate algebra to solve problems. Students build their math vocabulary as well as note taking and technology skills. Prerequisite: ABE Orientation and advising.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use mathematical concepts to solve basic, non-calculator based, math problems.
- Apply knowledge of algebraic concepts and formulas to solve multi-step problems including Slope Formula and equation of lines.
- Apply knowledge of graphing to solve linear equations.
- Solve Basic Data and Statistics Problems
- Use the Quadratic Formula
- Recognize a Function
- Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide Complex Polynomials
- Organize, represent and interpret data to answer questions
- Use technology to support and report on mathematical concepts
- Summer 2019 (current quarter)