INDES 370 Design Studio Residential • 5 Cr.
Focuses on residential spaces, the problem solving discipline of design process and its application to single and multi-family dwellings. Develops concepts to achieve design goals and apply theoretical knowledge and technical skills to design solutions. Students work on a variety of professionally relevant interior design projects. Either INDES 270 or INDES 370 may be taken for credit, not both. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program. Students may repeat course up to 15 Credits. Students may enroll in only one studio course (INDES 370, 371, 372) in any one quarter.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and solve problems, issues, and concerns of residential (interior) environments.
- Develop and communicate design intent.
- Identify and apply products, materials, furnishings, fixtures and equipment that are appropriate for residential use.
- Evaluate and apply codes, zonings, laws, and regulations appropriate to this building type.
- Spring 2020 (current quarter)