INDES 480 Professional Practices & Principles • 5 Cr.
Prepares students to work as professional interior designers. Includes managing interior design projects, legal and contractual issues, resources and services, and working with showroom and service personnel, and clients. Either INDES 180 or INDES 480 may be taken for credit, not both. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Develop an independent business strategy to include:
- Business plan including organization type
- Legal issues and Licenses
- Costs of doing business
- Business success and profitability
- Marketing strategies including graphic identity, promotion and public relations
- Definition of scope of services and charges for services
- Contracts and agreements
- Effective project management: time, budget, materials, personnel
- Purchasing procedures
- Client presentations
- Drawings and specifications
- allied professional: architects, engineers, contractors
- Present and defend business plan in front of class members and industry representatives.
- Fall 2019 (current quarter)