ISIT 310 Enterprise Data Applications • 5 Cr.
Description starting Summer 2019
Students learn and analyze technologies for manipulating structured data in multi-user environments and learn proper code isolation using tiered application architectures. Prerequisites: Admission to the Application Development concentration of BAS IST program and PROG 123 with a C or better, or permission of the instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create data-driven applications
- Evaluate technologies and describe key features of technologies that enable querying and updating relational databases and XML data using either the SQL or the LINQ query languages
- Create applications that manipulate and display in-memory data tables and relationships.
- Evaluate the tradeoffs between processing data locally in memory or remotely in a dedicated server.
- Evaluate key issues with multi-user data access technologies, including concurrency, optimistic locking, and transactions. Create access code that addresses these issues.
- Analyze the structure and advantages of Object Relational Mapping technologies and create applications utilizing them.