ISIT 320 Advanced Web Development • 5 Cr.
Students learn to develop efficient web applications across multiple browsers. Students will use applicable design principles and protocols, and best practices in creating extensible web applications. Students will use both open source and proprietary technologies to create web sites that incorporate code elements and services from across the Internet. Prerequisites: PROG 120 and PROG 209 with a grade of C or better and admission to the Application Development concentration of the BAS IST program, or permission of the instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the basic operation of Web Servers, their functionality, configuration, and security.
- Evaluate active browser pages within the process flow of web pages.
- Create web applications that are effective and scalable across multiple platforms.
- Design web applications using appropriate design patterns and application frameworks.
- Create web applications that leverage commonly used open source packages and components from across the industry.
- Create web applications that meet appropriate security standards.
- Analyze the trends and directions of future Web protocols, applications and frameworks.
- Fall 2020 (current quarter)