ISIT 324 Software Testing • 5 Cr.
This class will present to students practical techniques and strategies to use in overall software testing and quality assurance methodologies. Students will be exposed to testing concepts and how to design, develop and document different kinds of tests. Prerequisite: PROG 260 with a grade of C or better and admission to the Application Development concentration of the ISIT program, or permission of the instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use basic and advanced software testing techniques to design test cases appropriate to a variety of software scenarios.
- Design test cases for a variety of test types Document testing scenarios then create and execute test cases.
- Design test cases to test software security.
- Document testing results accurately and thoroughly.
- Create automated tests by writing appropriate software code using current testing tools.
- Differentiate between testing and quality assurance.