ISIT 328 Information Security Essentials • 5 Cr.
Introduces concepts and issues related to securing information systems and the development of policies to implement information security controls. Topics include security vulnerabilities, threats and defense measures and legal and ethical issues associated with information security. Students will learn how to recognize and apply secure software development best practices. Prerequisite: Admission to the Application Development or Business Intelligence concentration of the BAS IST program, or permission of the instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws and regulations
- Identify risk and participate in risk mitigation
- Provide infrastructure, application, operational and information security
- Apply security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Identify appropriate security technologies and products
- Analyze software threats using a threat modeling process and evaluate mitigation strategies
- Describe and demonstrate how using a 'software development process' can enforce security inclusion in a software project
- Winter 2019 (current quarter)