ISIT 330 Business Intelligence Applications • 5 Cr.
Students learn about Business Intelligence (BI) applications and appropriate application architectures for a variety of scenarios. The benefits of BI and the possibilities for organizational change are discussed. Students use current BI tools to develop realistic solutions. Current trends are discussed as is the growing role of "big data." Prerequisite: Admission to the BAS Data Management and Analysis program and completion of BUSIT 103 with a C or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the role of Business Intelligence (BI) in organizations and the components of a BI solution.
- Evaluate the applicability of various BI solutions for an organization.
- Evaluate the benefits an organization may derive from various types of BI solutions.
- Analyze the role of a data warehouse, then create reports using current reporting software tools.
- Analyze the various types of analytic data repositories and the advantages of each.
- Create multi-dimensional databases to allow for ease of data analysis then create reports using current reporting software tools.
- Create interactive data visualizations and analyze data from a variety of sources using current analytic software tools.
- Analyze the role of performance management in an organization and evaluate the benefits of implementation.