ISIT 422 Application Architecture • 5 Cr.
Students learn best practices for developing enterprise software solutions with appropriate structure for maintainability and efficiency. This course expands student knowledge of software application structure and design principles focusing on advanced object-oriented techniques, service-oriented architectures and cloud services. Prerequisite: ISIT 322 with a C grade or better and admission to the BAS Information Systems and Technology Application Development concentration, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create application software to implement services available over Intranets and the Internet
- Create application software to implement services using both open source and proprietary programming languages and frameworks
- Create application software to implement various types of services
- Create application software that incorporates cloud services
- Design application software including web applications and mobile applications using sound architectural principles and modeling techniques
- Apply test-driven development practices to development of service-oriented applications
- Fall 2021 (current quarter)