ISIT 440 Administering a Linux Server • 5 Cr.
This course covers the essentials of Linux server administration. Students install, configure, use, secure and administer a Linux enterprise server. Topics include user access and security, process and service control, server monitoring, networks and networking services, interoperability, package management, backup and recovery and essential BASH commands. Prerequisite: IT 223 and admission to the BAS Information Systems and Technology Cybersecurity concentration, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Install, configure, use, secure and administer a Linux enterprise server
- Manage user access and security
- Manage and monitor processes and services
- Harden the server by removing non-essential packages and files
- Manage Linux using the BASH command line
- Monitor and evaluate system integrity
- Configure Linux for use a heterogeneous network environment