ISIT 440 Administering a Linux Server • 5 Cr.
This course covers the essentials of Linux server administration. Students install, configure, use, secure and administer a Linux enterprise server. Topics include user access and security, process and service control, server monitoring, networks and networking services, interoperability, package management, backup and recovery and essential BASH commands. Prerequisite: TECH 223 and admission to the Cyber Security and Systems Administration concentration of the BAS IST program, or permission of the instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Install, configure, use, secure and administer a Linux enterprise server
- Manage user access and security
- Manage and monitor processes and services
- Harden the server by removing non-essential packages and files
- Manage Linux using the BASH command line
- Monitor and evaluate system integrity
- Configure Linux for use a heterogeneous network environment
- Fall 2020 (current quarter)